I’m excited to bring you a conversation that I hope will give you more tools for handling anxiety during this global pandemic we are experiencing.
My guest this week is Lisa Erickson, a chakra-based energy worker, writer, and teacher specializing in women’s energetics and trauma healing. I found her through her book Chakra Empowerment for Women: Self-Guided Techniques for Healing Trauma, Owning Your Power & Finding Overall Wellness.
I love that our paths intersected, especially during this time in the world. What Lisa offers is a practical and very accessible way to manage and guide your energy right now. Her advice is relevant and helpful, and I can’t wait to share her with you!
Besides the practices Lisa recommends, here are a few other insights I loved from our conversation:
- Our chakras are part of our energy anatomy. Many healing systems around the world have mapped this and some energy healing modalities, such as acupuncture, are based on energy medicine. Yoga gives us access to the energy body through different yoga poses, which, when they were initially developed, revolved around the chakras.
- Chakras are energy centers in our body. They’re intersections of energy and each of them maps the energy medicine to particular physical systems in our body and organs. They also map to different aspects of our psyche and some psychologists work with chakras from that perspective, not from an energy medicine perspective, but from the perspective of personal transformation.
- Our energy is always flowing, whether we’re aware of it or not. At first it is a matter of attune a tuning to it, or turning inward in a meditative or mindfulness-type practice. And of course, once we’re aware of our energy, guiding it and protecting it becomes easier.
- As women, we have a heightened awareness and sensitivity around energy. Women tend to be more empathic, more absorbent, and more likely to pick up on the emotions or energies of people in their surroundings or their environment.
- Tuning into your chakras or your energy anatomy is something that can easily be done every day, perhaps as you first wake up or as you fall asleep. Simply get cozy in your bed and do a body scan to check out where your energy is low or high or maybe frazzled. If you think of it, do this scan a few times a day and notice how you can guide your energy into a different place simply by consciously cultivating something better for your wellbeing.
SHARE & SUBSCRIBE
So for now, and for the foreseeable future, many of us are staying put at home. Our schedules, commitment and to dos are not what they were a few weeks ago. For many of us, we have space. So why not give Lisa’s practices a try and see if you feel more grounded? You can learn more about Lisa and access her free resources at chakraempowermentforwomen.com.
LEARN HOW TO START A DAILY CENTERING PRACTICE
My FREE five-day course will help you start and maintain a daily practice of tuning back into yourself and returning to your steady, sturdy, calm self. Each day you’ll receive a 10-minute audio insite from me plus access to free downloads, tools and guided meditations. Enjoy!
See you next time,